Almost everyone has experienced some type of bee or wasp sting in their life. For most people stings from these insects does not pose a major issue. However, for others, there can be a severe allergic reaction that is life threatening. Even if you have not experienced a severe allergic reaction to stings before, it is possible to have a severe reaction at any point in your life. It is important to avoid bees and wasps as well as being able to recognize when someone is suffering from a severe allergic reaction from an insect sting.